Asset management is the combination of management, financial, economic, engineering and other practices applied to physical assets with the objective of providing the required level of service in the most cost-effective manner. Organizations need to manage assets effectively as part of service delivery. It helps meet customer demands with a focus on system sustainability, allows budgeting directed to critical assets and improves the security and safety of assets.
We can assist Government, Local Governments and other organizations with asset management activities including:
- Life cycle costing
- Assessment of asset acquisition, replacement and rehabilitation
- Capture of on site data and maintenance of asset registers and drawings
- On site asset condition assessment
- Development of maintenance policies and procedures
- Assist with requirements analysis for the acquisition of asset management information systems
- Analyze asset condition data to determine and schedule asset replacement and rehabilitation
Examples of assets considered
- Roads including footpaths, kerb and channel
- Bridges, carparks, street lighting
- Office furniture and equipment
- Stormwater infrastructure
- Recreation facilities
- Parks and recreation
We recently developed an asset management plan for Uniting Care Wesley Bowden;
UCWB engaged Epic Projects and Consulting to develop an asset management plan for the organisation. They understood our needs and delivered on the outcomes we expected. UCWB has been undergoing significant change and growth and had limited in-house expertise and knowledge in this area. Joe and his team were responsive to our queries throughout the process and the Board were extremely pleased with the final report.
A/Senior Manager Corporate Services
By becoming involved in the business’s strategy, we can help develop an integrated asset management strategy, followed by strategies and procedures.